Abilene Christian University (ACU), founded in 1906 and affiliated with the Church of Christ, has a long and proud heritage dedicated to educating students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world. Instructors teach students how to think critically and globally in each of their respective programs, while still maintaining a focus on their particular program of study. ACU is an academically notable institution
- Consistently ranked among the nation's Top 20 regional universities (West) as determined by U.S. News & World Report in its “America's Best Colleges" guide.
- Named a 2014 Apple Distinguished School in recognition of a culture of innovation, leadership in the area of mobility, and overall educational excellence.
- Named one of "America's Top Colleges" in 2016 as determined by Forbes Magazine.
- The Princeton Review named Abilene Christian University one of the "Best in the West" for 2016.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), with accreditation for The College of Business Administration by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.