You can advance your career 24/7 with online education at Independence University, your proven partner with over 30 years of experience in delivering quality distance education right to our students. Our programs are designed to allow you to continue working and earning as you pursue your online degree.
From associate’s and bachelor’s to master’s degrees Independence University can help you achieve success through distance learning programs that suit your busy schedule, with experienced, student-oriented staff to assist you throughout your distance education.
Independence University offers robust programs in healthcare, business, information technology and graphic arts—all conveniently offered online.
Independence University is a nonprofit university that is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Our Associate’s in Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, Texas 76021-4244, (817) 283-2835. Independence University is the first and only college to offer accredited respiratory therapy programs at a distance, and we’ve been doing it successfully for over 30 years.
Your complete, accredited distance education institution delivers:
- A laptop computer for you to use while in school and keep when you graduate.
- Books and study materials that are developed by experts and sent directly to your home.
- Services and assistance: Help when you need it.
- Experienced faculty members to guide you through your program.
- An online education that is considered comparable to or even better than an on-campus program.*
- A convenient and practical solution for your educational needs without sacrificing your current job or family and social commitments.
Earn the credentials you need for promotion, for potential licensure, to start a new career—or just study for your own personal satisfaction.
Independence University is a branch campus of the Stevens-Henager College, Ogden/West Haven main campus, and is a registered trademark of the Center for Excellence in Higher Education, Inc.
Independence University and Stevens-Henager College are non-profit institutions owned by the Center for Excellence in Higher Education, Inc., a 501(c)(3) corporation, 4021 S 700 E, Suite 400, Salt Lake City, UT 84107.
* A study commissioned by the U.S. Department of Education showed that in most cases, online learning actually produces significantly better outcomes than classroom-based learning, and that students who took all or part of their classes online performed better than students in traditional classrooms. See http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/eval/tech/evidence-based-practices/finalreport.pdf.
++ Offered by Stevens-Henager College, Salt Lake City/Murray campus. Delivered fully online.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify